Saturday, June 19, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

“And right now you are feeling exactly the same love I feel for you – the indescribable love. There are not enough words to say it, pictures to show it, colors to see it, sounds to hear it, or senses to touch it. Just us to understand it and the rest of the world to watch in awe of what we have and wonder how we have it…”

Each new day brings something to fuel the burning bright fire in my heart. Quietly in the dark, my dreams of you are caught between the stars and lost in your ocean eyes, waiting for thunder to capsize this basket of endless thoughts tossing upon the waves.

I don’t want to lose heart. I don’t want to become cold. I don’t want to lose sight of what’s worth my time. I don’t want to care about the typical things the world cares for. I don’t want to lose my weakness, my naivety, my vulnerability, my focus. You are all I want in sight. All I see, in plain view. You are all I live for; you will be all I defend. Your love is love like the ocean, deeper than endless sea. Your fruitfulness is like the mountains, and your words never fade.

And when the sun falls and the moon rises, I watch as you close your sleepy eyes. And will be there, waiting by your side when you rise.

One day, I'm going to get famous off the words I write for you, and you'll see the detail in my actions. You'll see me as someone you never knew.


originally written March 27, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment