Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just Because You Own a Camera, Doesn't Make You a Photographer

There is no sarcasm in these words, and we are all perfect. I readily enjoy things I don't understand. Like you, and me. I'm not looking for answers, but I will always ask questions. We (you + I) bring others down because we don't understand. We won't ever understand. Live, work, play, think, act, lie, create, forgive, love, die alone. Are you comfortable yet?

I find that I'm not so readily accepted by others. They can find me too loud, too quiet, too open, too shy, too arrogant, too modest, all at the same time. You can never please someone completely, something I've had to learn. Everyday I try to humble myself just a little bit more. I've come from a place of surpassing ego's and ultimate lows and I plan never to go back there. I'm still trying to find myself and where I belong, how I belong. I'm one of those people that criticize themselves constantly. I tend to be intimidated and intimidating, easily insulted and at times insulting. A constant paradox.

I love the world, but I still litter.
I love life, but I still take it for granted.
I think, but I still mess up.
I cry, but I'm strong.

Thank you to everyone who has ever given a damn about me and/or my words. Seriously, it means the world to me and so much more. There are so many cooler people out there and so many better things to give your time to, but you gave it to me. I am wholly grateful. God bless you.


originally written December 28, 2008

5 comments:

  1. Thank you :)
    I just found your blog , I just made mine today , actually..
    I just described me ...and i ..have no words , again - please keep writing..
    just reading it makes me feel much better

    ReplyDelete
  2. i ment *you just described me

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've come from a place of surpassing ego's and ultimate lows and I plan never to go back there. I'm still trying to find myself and where I belong, how I belong."

    Story of my life. And that's all I can say. This post was beautiful and I really enjoyed it.

    P.S. I just added you. Hope you enjoy my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there! you've got an interesting style of writing ... enjoyed reading your work :)

    ReplyDelete