Saturday, June 19, 2010

In a Nutshell

Oh you know - I take a lot of naps, secretly carry a coloring book, and believe in superheroes. Basically, I'm a five year old.

~

Sometimes the best thing for your body is going for a run. Other times, it's eating one more cookie than necessary and finishing it off with a giant glass of milk.

I have an old soul, but I'm working on that. And I have a full heart, but there is always going to be room for one more.

My mind is often at least three steps ahead or behind but never in perfect balance with my soul. I'm barely grasping these past few years of my life. And even though my life experience pales in comparison to some, there are a few things I have learned to always be true:

-try ALL the vegetables you hated as a child - some you will love, others will still make you gag
-take lots of pictures, of everything
-learn a skill that does nothing productive other than make you happy
-when you have a great idea, thought, epiphany, etc. write it down , right then
-carry sharpies with you - they're permanent
-ask for advice because it will be there
-it's okay to be angry
-it's not okay to hate
-love bigger than you ever thought possible
-and remind yourself that you will never be the same exact person you were the day before... And that in itself is beautiful




originally written May 9, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment