Friday, November 25, 2011

A Voice of Gold and Lips of Coral Red

When I catch a glimpse of you across the room, 
I have to remind myself to breath.
When I look into your stunning eyes,
I can hear you say "come sail, sail away with me."

Goddamn I don't know what I've gotten myself into.  I don't know if I should continue on this path or turn back.  It's so scary starting over, taking such a huge risk.  And I can't help but ask, would you do the same for me?  Would you bend over backwards and give up a part of yourself for me? If I gave up the most important, meaningful thing in my life, would you give up yours too? Of course not.

I ask for so little from you.  But if I make this ultimate sacrifice for you, only to walk away with my heart broken and shattered and crushed, then what?  You would leave without a scratch and I may never wake from the coma.

I'm scared.  I'm fucking terrified.  Can you blame me?  I don't know who I am anymore.  Me, you, us, it's oblivion.  It's mystery across the sea.  We can sail away to a whole new world, but our ship has no captain you see?


No comments:

Post a Comment