Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Every Man Casts a Shadow

All the best stories in the world are but one story in reality, the story of escape. It is the only thing which interests us all and at all times, how to escape. -Arthur Christopher Benson

I am passion.  I am fire.  I give everything away.  Craziness is my heaven.  I don't hold back.  Not then, not now.  Wholeheartedly, I am yours.

But every day you lose me more and more and more.  You let me down, you find a new way to do so daily.  I'm not perfect but perfect is what I seek.  For affection and simplicity.  I don't want to change you.  I know that I can't stop the waves.  But when you break me like this, I want to bottle you up and ship you away.  I may be anchored in your love but I am still the captain of this ship.  I want to take the pieces you've broken and give them away for someone else to fix.  The more I try to be happy, the more I suffer.

When my mind wanders, it wanders to you.  You make me happy and sad together.  But in the end, I'm afraid that I want more than you can give.



No comments:

Post a Comment